Honest Review On New Presto 16-inch Electric Skillet
I just bought the Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover a few days ago. I have an electric griddle that was mostly used for breakfast items. Normally this skillet is my go-to for all my dinner needs. It’s easy to transport, doesn’t take up too much space and cooks food fast. This skillet also can be used for outdoor campaigns or picnics!
This skillet can be used without an oil base. For my first time using it, I did up pork chops for dinner. As you can see in the pictures, no burning, and once finished they were juicy and easy to cut. Since then I’ve used it for all my cooking needs; pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc.
This skillet comes with a little brochure on cooking times for some of your favorite foods to avoid over-cooking. Use this as a reference.
This skillet is all-purpose so no matter what you’re cooking, this skillet can accompany anything your little heart desires.
- Roast, fry, grill, stew, bake, make casseroles and more
- Ideal breakfast, lunch, dinner and entertaining
- Tempered glass cover with stay-cool handle
- Presto electric skillet doubles as a buffet server
- Big 16″ pan with high side walls provides extra cooking and serving capacity
- Nonstick surface, inside and out, for stick-free cooking and easy cleaning
- Control Master heat control maintains desired cooking temperature
- More efficient to use than a range burner or oven
- Heavy cast aluminum base is virtually warp-proof
- Fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat control removed
- Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)- 22.50 x 13 x 9 inches
- Weight: 9 lbs
- 120 volts rating
- 1500 watts
Based on some reviews, the majority of people have had an issue with uneven cooking temperatures, meaning the cooking only occurred on the outer perimeter, leaving the middle cold. People have also had an issue with the lid exploding, either after washing or while cooking.
Based on these reviews alone, and for someone that uses it 3-5 times a week, this has never been an issue. Granted, every once in a while, you receive a bad product. This should not discourage you from purchasing.