Make fried Mac and Cheese Balls
Are you looking for a delicious appetizer or delicious finger food for your kids? If so, then this fried Mac and cheese balls recipe is best for you. These fried mac and cheese balls are crispy on the outside, creamy, soft, and cheesy from the inside. This recipe is no different from a mac and cheese recipe – an ultimate comfort food!
This fried mac and cheese balls recipe is an easy and delicious recipe to use leftover cheese and macaroni. This homemade version of fried mac and cheese balls is 1000 times better than any restaurant style mac and cheese. These small bite-size creamy and cheesy mac and cheese balls will be all the favorite finger food of your kids.
This recipe starts by combing leftover mac and cheese in a bowl with some extra cheddar cheese and then mixing it thoroughly. Scoop balls and place them on a baking sheet. Coat the balls of your own choice and then fry in an electric skillet. Crispy fried mac and cheese balls are ready to serve.
What are fried Mac and Cheese Balls?
These small bundles of cheesy goodness are the best way to use leftover mac and cheese. Just imagine the scoops of creamy mac and cheese coated with bread crumbs and deep fried until golden brown. These small bites of happiness are crispy from outside and gooey from inside.
Now the question is can we use some extra cheese in fried mac and cheese balls before frying them in an electric skillet? And what cheeses are used in Mac and cheese balls?
What cheeses could be used in Mac and Cheese Balls?
Besides leftover mac and cheese, Mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese could be used in mac and cheese balls recipe before frying them in an electric skillet.
It is perfect as an appetizer for your kids at a weekend backyard party. Here is what you all need to make these Mac and cheese balls:
- Leftover Mac and Cheese.
- Mozzarella, Cheddar, or cheese of your choice to make the mac and cheese balls extra cheesy and gooey.
- Bread crumbs for coating.
- Sauces to serve.
Make tempting Mac and Cheese balls by using an electric skillet for your kids just by following this simple recipe.
These Mac and Cheese balls are easy to make as they require only some extra ingredients. Just 4 easy steps to make these Mac and Cheese balls:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the leftover mac and cheese and some extra cheese. Mix well. Scoop the balls on a baking sheet and freeze them for 15 minutes.
- Beat two eggs in a separate bowl make the coating for the balls.
- Place the cheese balls back in the freezer and heat the oil in an electric skillet.
Can we bake the Mac and Cheese Balls instead of frying?
Yes, mac and cheese balls could be baked instead of frying. You can bake them for 15 to 20 minutes until the outer coating turns golden brown.
Dipping sauces to serve Mac and Cheese Balls
If your kids like spices then serve these mac and cheese balls with chili marinara sauce. Other options include Ranch, salsa, and BBQ sauce.
Yields: 25 balls
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Additional Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Freezer Friendly: Yes
Calories: 220 kcal
Following are the ingredients that you need to follow this recipe:
- 3 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup bread crumbs for coating
- Chili or sauce of your choice for serving
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix the leftover mac and cheese and the extra cheese.
- Scoop 1.5 inch mac and cheese mixture to make balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Freeze the balls for 15 minutes. Till then prepare the coating.
- Beat 2 large eggs in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Take a separate bowl and add bread crumbs to it.
- Take the balls out of the freezer and dip each of them in egg wash, roll in bread crumbs and place them back in the tray.
- Now, place the coated balls back in the freezer.
- Take an electric skillet and heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- When the oil is ready, take the mac and cheese balls out of the freezer and fry them for 2 to 3 minutes until the outer coating turns golden brown.
- Serve the savory and cheesy balls with sauces.
- Calories: 220kcl
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 206mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 3g