If you want to prepare unique and delicious lasagna recipes using your electric skillet, but you don’t know where do you start from? Let me tell you, you are at the right website!
This recipe can serve over 6 persons, but in the end, it depends on your electric skillet size. Straight to the point, get your electric skillet preheated at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Making the Lasagna by electric skillet
1. Break up about two pounds of ground beef: After becoming brown, take a spoon and drain out some of the oil because the meal would be too greasy.
Add some chopped up onions and some cilantro.
2. Add the spices: After cooking this a little bit, it would be time for powdered spices. One teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of black pepper, a teaspoon of cayenne and a teaspoon of garlic powder.
Add a little water to make sure it won’t burn. Give it a stir then add some mushrooms and give it time to cook.
3. Prepare the Ricotta mixture: Meanwhile, take a ricotta cheese and break it up on a plate. Add to it some parsley and one egg. Use a spatula to get this well incorporated and smooth.
4. Pour the Spaghetti sauce: Back to our electric skillet, pour four cups of spaghetti sauce and add about three cups of water. Then break up the lasagna noodles into like fours and spread everything around.
5. Bake it: Make sure that there is enough liquid in the skillet to boiling these noodles. Let them boil for eight minutes.
At this stage, turn down the temperature at 270 degrees Fahrenheit, and time to add the necessary cheeses.
Take the ricotta cheese that you made earlier, and spoon dollops on the top of the pan. Use the back of the spoon to help spread and smush it all over the pan. Then add some mozzarella cheese and top off with some Parmesan.
The time now to put on the lid set the electric skillet on warm and let it simmer.
When you see that the cheese has melted, you can turn off the electric skillet.
Leave the skillet cool for five to ten minutes then your meal is ready to serve.
In the end, I need to notice that some ingredients are not mandatory, such as the ricotta cheese. You can totally leave this ingredient off but I promise you if you do you are going to be missing out on something so delicious.
The amazing part of lasagna
Besides being very delicious, you can store this recipe into the fridge for more than 5 days. All you have to do then is to reheat your slice in the microwave.
In order to make it last longer, you can freeze the lasagna to store it for a month.
To do so, before assembling, line the pan with foil. After baking, let it cool then freeze it until solid. Then lift the frozen lasagna from the pan dish then wrap it in more foil and let it freeze.
This way, you can keep the lasagna for a month.
If you ever needed to serve it, take the lasagna out of the freezer, unwrap the foil layers. Bring it back to its original pan and cover it with the lid and let it thaw in the fridge.
When it is totally thawed, warm the electric skillet and turn up the temperature to 350 degrees until your lasagna bubbles again.