If you want to cook unique and delicious fried chicken recipes using your electric skillet, but you may find it complicated? Let me tell you, you are not the only one!
You have maybe bought a new electric skillet and you don’t know what to start with. You don’t even know what to cook.
Never mind! You are at the right place to find the best electric skillet recipes.
Either you need to cook a portion of pasta or a lump of meat or even a foreign kind of dish, you only need to check our recipes and some imagination.
Today, I invite you to try the crispy fried chicken recipe using nothing else but your electric skillet. It is tasty, delicious and very easy to prepare. Therefore, you won’t need any traditional utensil or pan which would waste your time and energy.
Because your electric skillet has for sure many advantages, and to make the most of it, you have to select the exact ingredients. An electric skillet is certainly able to cook fried chicken perfectly as conventional frying pan does.
Hence, let’s discover together what you are capable to cook with your electric skillet! The buttermilk marinade gives tender and juicy chicken breast. However, the flour-egg-flour dredging method guarantees that it will be perfectly crunchy.
I am certain that, as I did, you and your family will for sure taste the true fried chicken without need to go to a fast-food.
- 2 x 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley.
- A teaspoon of dried oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
- A teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 3 eggs.
- 1/3 cup buttermilk.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- 4 to 5 raw chicken pieces.
- Peanut or canola oil.
- Meat thermometer.
Now you need to follow these instructions:
- Sift the dry ingredients. First of all, in a small bowl, soften together the flour, parsley, oregano, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Flour-Egg-Flour. Cover the chicken pieces with the mixture. Next step, immerse the chicken into the egg mixture and bring it back into the flour mixture. Put it on the pan, make sure the pieces are not touching. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Prepare the electric skillet. Add oil until it reaches a depth of 1/2 inch in the skillet. It should reach about half-way up the chicken. Then, set the temperature at (375°F).
- Fry the chicken. Start by frying the chicken for 10 minutes per side. Try to fry in 2 or more groups so you won’t crowd the pan. Certainly, the chicken must get a beautiful golden color.
- Reduce heat. It always depends on the size of the chicken, they could already be cooked through at this stage. The temperature of the chicken has to attain 165°F. Keep the lid off while cooking chicken until it’s done. Take a look every couple of minutes!
- Drain & serve. It’s better to drain the chicken using a paper towel underneath it. Then, let it cool for 5-10 minutes then serve.
In the end, I hope that you find this electric skillet fried chicken recipe helpful to prepare you a favorite dish of fried chicken.
Don’t forget to check the top 3 electric skillets for fried chicken!