Make chicken pot pie by an electric skillet
Do you want to craft a classic, homey, comforting pot pie within no time? Well, this skillet chicken pot pie has qualified as a recipe – as quick as easy 30 minutes dinner. You just need an electric skillet and some shortcuts for this chicken pot pie recipe. Just ready in 30 minutes and it’s even a healthier option because this recipe has whole milk instead of cream and loaded with vegetables like carrots, peas, and lean chicken breast. This skillet chicken pot pie is definitely counted as a balanced diet.
This recipe starts by sautéing chicken breast. Cut the lean chicken into bite size pieces and then sauté with onion until it gets translucent. The sauce is made with butter, chicken broth, flour, milk, and seasonings. Do not turn off the flame until the milk and chicken broth are incorporated with each other simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
It is perfect for dinner on a dark and stormy night when your children want comfort and warmth. Here is what you all need to make this skillet chicken pot pie:
- Lean Chicken Breast: save your time by using a chicken breast that is already cooked.
- Vegetables: Carrots, onions, peas, and celery.
- Liquid: Broth and milk with a little flour to make a creamy sauce for skillet chicken pot pie.
- Seasoning: Salt and pepper or if you like to add some fresh thyme over prepared chicken pot pie.
Make delicious chicken pot pie by using an electric skillet for dinner just by following this simple recipe.
Things required to make skillet chicken pot pie
Following are the things that are required to make chicken pot pie:
An electric skillet with a lid
An electric skillet with a lid to cook perfectly all the ingredients works best for this recipe.
A mixing bowl is also needed to make a perfect chicken pot pie.
Homemade easy skillet chicken pot pie
This skillet chicken pot pie is easy to cook as it requires only one pot and some tips for a perfect dinner. Just 4 easy steps to make this homemade easy skillet chicken pot pie:
- Make a flavored roux by cooking onion in butter and then add flour to make a paste. Add some salt. Black pepper, celery seeds, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Now make a sauce by adding stock and milk into the flavored roux. This will make the roux creamy. Stir the chicken and vegetables into the sauce.
- Finally, make the crust with help of puff pastry. Cut the sheet into several slits and overlap them over the prepared sauce.
Yields: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Course: Main course
Freezer Friendly: Yes
Calories: 1058 kcal
Following are the ingredients that you need to follow this recipe:
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 cup celery
- Fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen pea
- 1 cup whole milk
- Cooked chicken (3 chicken breasts)
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 425◦
- Melt ½ cup butter in an electric skillet over medium heat. Then add onion, carrots, and celery into the cutter and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender and onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Add chicken broth and bring the mixture to simmer. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture gets thickened. Slowly add milk once the milk is completely incorporated.
- Add the peas and chicken to the sauce.
- Use a pastry cheese and split it into 12 small square pieces on a lightly floured flat surface. Place the square pieces on the top of the chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and add some water. Mix well and brush the egg mixture over the puff pastry.
- Place the prepared mixture in the oven for 25 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, serve and enjoy with your friends and family.
Notes to make skillet chicken pot pie
- While cooking the chicken to make this skillet chicken pot pie add a lot of flavors at the base as it is a great recipe in which leftover chicken could be used.
- Leftovers from the recipe can be saved in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To give a shine to the puff pastry, brush the top of the pot pie with beaten egg before baking.
- Calories: 1058kcl
- Fat: 61g
- Carbs: 79g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 44g