Make beef taco recipe by skillet
After a hectic day, we deserve an easy home run. This super easy beef taco skillet recipe is here to rescue. Combine all the favorite flavors of Southwest in a skillet with lean healthy ground beef, tomatoes, black beans, tortilla chips, green onions, and cheddar cheese.
Are you not in the mood of doing anything? This Mexican dish is the answer to everything. All the ingredients in a skillet with homemade taco seasoning and little cheese on the top – an ultimate favorite dish for all Mexican food lovers! A mix of several Mexican flavors!
This Mexican inspired dish will be your go-to recipe for every other day when you don’t feel like doing anything back home from a hectic day.
How to make healthy beef taco by skillet?
All the Mexican inspired ingredients and flavors in this dish are comforting and familiar to all of us. To follow this recipe, preparation work is nearly minimal. You just need to follow the simple steps discussed below.
Beef taco skillet also includes fresh vegetables with lean ground beef that makes it a balanced meal. Top with some taco seasonings and flavors of your choice.
You just need the following ingredients to follow up this Mexican inspired recipe:
- Lean Ground Beef: In this recipe, lean ground beef could be used as it is 93% lower in fat than regular beef.
- Spices: Use a combination of chili powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, and black pepper.
- Salsa: Use a jar of your favorite salsa.
- Black beans: Add proteins filled beans into your meal. This also gives a balanced approach.
- Cheese: Top the beef mixture with a decadent layer of cheese. You could use cheddar, mozzarella, or any other cheese of your choice.
- Toppings: There is no hard and fast rule for topping. Top with whatever you want, whether jalapeno, cilantro, salsa, or avocados.
How to store beef taco in a skillet?
- Beef taco skillet’s leftover can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Chop the vegetables one day before and refrigerate them.
- Beef taco can be rewarmed just by reheating it in a large skillet at 350 degrees. Or you can also reheat it in a microwave. If it is drying out, add some broth or water to it.
What to do if chips get soft?
When the beef taco skillet is ready and topped with tortilla chips, they soak all the flavors in the skillet and get soften. Well, there is nothing to worry about. Always crush the tortilla chips and top over your skillet just before serving.
Can ground lean beef be substituted?
Yeah, definitely! If you are not a beef lover then you can substitute ground beef with any other ground meat like turkey or chicken. Or if you want to make it vegetarian, add an extra can of black beans to it.
This recipe could be customized as much as you want. You can just add any leftover ingredient from your refrigerator. Anything you like on a taco or taco salad would be perfect on a beef taco skillet. It could be:
- Sour cream
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Freezer Friendly: Yes
Calories: 220 kcal
Following are the ingredients that you need to follow this recipe:
- One pound lean ground beef
- 115 oz Black beans
- 10.75 ounce tomato sauce
- ½ cup of salsa
- One small Red onion chopped
- 1-1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 10 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
For Taco Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Take a skillet and add the ground beef and cook it until it turns brown.
2. When the beef is cooking, rinse and drain the can of black beans. Then add the black beans in the skillet with beef.
3. For taco seasoning, combine all the ingredients (chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a small mixing bowl.
4. Slice the onions and cut the tomatoes in half or use tomato sauce.
5. Add tomatoes, onions, and taco seasoning prepared in the third step into the skillet.
6. Now cook over medium and stir occasionally. You may need to add some oil to the beef to avoid sticking.
7. When the beef is cooked and completed incorporated with the seasoning, top the beef taco with layers of cheese.
8. Add pieces of tortilla chips over the cooked skillet beef taco before serving.
- 1 cup: 415 calories
- 19g fat
- (9g saturated fat)
- 82mg of cholesterol
- 705mg sodium
- 34g carbohydrate
- 6g sugars
- 4g fiber
- 25g protein